What to do (and not to do) at SparkCC
The Committee reserves the right to suspend or cancel the SparkCC access of any member found to be in breach of these guidelines.
Tools & Equipment
- Use the space and equipment safely and leave the space and equipment in clean and working condition.
- Work and behave in a way that protects your own safety and the safety of others.
- Children under the age of 18 years must be accompanied and supervised by an adult.
- Abide by SparkCC and government building, safety, and fire regulations and comply with the rules and regulations of the equipment, whether posted or otherwise imposed by SparkCC.
- Do not work with 240V unless you are licensed to do so.
- Safety is your top priority while at SparkCC. If you are not sure what to do, ask.
- Be aware of locations of first aid, fire, and safety equipment.
- Never use a tool or piece of equipment unless you understand how to use it safely. Speak to the responsible Meister if you are uncertain.
- Some tools and equipment may only be used after completing an induction. Speak to the responsible Meister to become inducted.
- Do not climb on furniture.
- Do not work when tired or in a hurry.
- Do not cause distractions, fool around, or startle anyone while either one of you is using a tool or piece of equipment.
- Eye protection is recommended at all times and mandatory in the upstairs workshop areas.
- Hearing protection is recommended in the upstairs work areas.
- Wear suitable gloves when handling hot objects or sharp-edged items.
- Do not wear loose-fitting clothing around moving or rotating machinery.
- Remove ties, jewelry, lanyards, etc., especially around moving or rotating machinery.
- Restrain long hair.
- Use tools and equipment as they are designed to be used.
- Never use broken tools or equipment. Report any broken tools or equipment to the appropriate Meister.
- Keep fingers clear of the point of operation of machines by using appropriate implements such as push sticks, hooks, pliers, etc.
- Do not remove tools or equipment from the Makerspace.
- Do not leave powered tools or equipment unattended.
- Do not tamper with a tool’s safety features. Operate machinery according to recommended procedures and with safety guards in place, as applicable.
- Clean up after yourself; leave all work areas clean and tidy.
- Clean and return all tools to where you got them.
- Shut off and unplug machines when cleaning.
- Never use a rag near moving machinery.
- Use a brush or appropriate implement to remove chips, shavings, etc. from work areas. Never use your hands.
- Keep the floor around machinery clean, dry, and free from trip hazards.
- Access the front door using your swipe card.
- Do not hold the door or otherwise allow other people to enter after accessing the front door.
- If you are the first to arrive at the space unlock the front gate combination padlock and open both gates.
- If you are the last to leave the space and all neighbouring units are closed close both gates and lock them using the combination padlock.
- All areas of SparkCC are under 24 hour surveillance.
Food & Drink
- Food and beverages are permitted in the chillout and clean workshop areas.
- Food and beverages are not allowed on the mezzanine.
- All cutlery and crockery is to be washed up immediately after use.
- All spills and mess are to be cleaned up immediately.